Russian Kelowna forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

before you move here

3 posters

Go down

before you move here Empty before you move here

Post  corytcj Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Before people move here someone should tell people that the job market is very competitive. It is a trade off, beautiful scenery lake, nice climate, but harder to find work with lower wages then what would be paid in other Canadian cities.

corytcj

Back to top Go down

before you move here Empty Re: before you move here

Post  lilvagabond Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm

hello everyone, very happy I found this forum! I've been living in Vancouver for 4 months and then moved Ottawa, here in Ottawa I've been living for 6 months. My husband and I are thinking to travel around Canada and then settle down. Kelowna looks like really nice place to live, could anyone tell if carpenters and veterinary technicians have a chance to find a job there? And what is the city like? winters?
Thank you in advance,
Marina and Alexey

lilvagabond

Back to top Go down

before you move here Empty Opinion

Post  Admin Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:00 am

Hi Cory,
Thanks for your opinion. It is very true, but stating the obvious Very Happy 
If it would be as easy to find the work as it is in Fort McMurray and wages would be the same, then Kelowna population would grow 100% a year. Because we have the best weather and scenery in Canada.
Who would be foolish enough to live in Toronto, for example, if they could simply move to much nicer Kelowna, find the job next day and earn same salary? It's a simple law of market - supply vs demand.
It's a life choice that people have to make - what is more important to them and whether they are willing to earn a bit less, but live in the nice place.

Admin
Admin

http://www.russiankelowna.ca

Back to top Go down

before you move here Empty To Marina & Alexey

Post  Admin Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:06 am

1. Good carpenters earn a lot. I've hired a team of 3 myself to build a house.
2. No idea about veterinary - I guess it depends whether you have all Canadian and BC credentials. We have the friends who are veterinary from Ukraine and we could hook you up.
3. Winters - about 2 weeks the temperature is around -20. The rest of the time it is around 0 and snow falls and melts few times during 3 winter months. Because the air is dry it is very easy to tolerate. Not much sun during the winter though, you have to get skiing to enjoy the sun.

P.S. You did not mention whether you understand Russian. Since it is Russian forum and your first names, I assume you do. However the post is in English. This is confusing. Please specify for future communication.Question 

Admin
Admin

http://www.russiankelowna.ca

Back to top Go down

before you move here Empty Re: before you move here

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum